How can I help my young children keep their teeth healthy?
As a parent, there are many things you can do to help your children learn good dental habits and keep their teeth healthy.
At Full Circle Dental Care, we always encourage families to make their visits to the dentist and their at-home dental care a family activity. This way, young children can observe the patterns and behaviors of their parents and siblings beginning at a young age and develop good dental hygiene habits early in life.
If you are looking for more ways to help your children protect their smiles, consider implementing some of the following:
- Limit sugar intake, especially liquid sugars like juice boxes, sodas, and sports drinks
- Purchase a musical toothbrush for your child or teach them to brush for the length of their favorite song. Your child should be brushing their teeth for at least two minutes at least twice each day
- Provide sugarless gum and healthy snacks like crunchy vegetables that are good for cleaning your child’s teeth
- Help your child brush and floss their back molars and other hard-to-reach areas
- Supplement your drinking water with fluoride tablets if your city does not add fluoride to your tap water or if your family primarily drinks bottled water
Bringing your children to the dentist for regular dental check-ups and cleanings is one of the best ways to prevent cavities and keep their smiles healthy. If you have questions about children’s dentistry in Del City, OK, please call our dental team at (405) 677-0516 today.
My son is 5 years old and was so comfortable with the lady cleaning his teeth he didn't want to leave Thanks so much for making it a pleasant experience. ... Read More